Lead games programmer
We’re looking for someone who is a genius developer to join our team of hot-shot iPhone devs. You’ll need to have built iPhone games (or apps at least) and ideally have done a few of them. Or at the very least have the skills to build them. We’ll want to see evidence of the games you’ve built and know what you’ve actually done, so no fibbing. Ideally you’ve worked across several platforms over the years, things like mobile phones, console games, Flash, Unity, etc and know your stuff.
If the job role beneath looks like it's up your street, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. Really, honestly. No. Agencies. Please.
Summary and Purpose
As Lead Games Programmer you will proactively seek to deliver the product to the highest possible standard through excellent programming and leadership skills. You will work with people including: Team Programmers, Producer, Product Lead, CTO, Lead Artist and the QA Lead.
- Leadership of all client programmers on the project
- An active role in scheduling and project coordination
- Produce robust quality code
- Maintaining code quality across the team
- Forward thinking to highlight and solve potential issues
- Responsibility for the full game and tools codebase for the entire project
- Liaise with other teams within the project (e.g. art, server development).
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years relevant C# or C++ experience
- Proficient at writing optimised real-time code
- Previously released titles across more than one platform
- Exposure to line management responsibilities including motivating, man-managing, recruitment and shaping the team culture & personality
- Experience of leading and mentoring a team of 5+ coders
- Proficient time management and organisation skills
- Proven complex problem solving with the ability to expertly diagnose issues and address accordingly.
- 2.1 or higher Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a comparable science or by being qualified by experience.
- A passion for making games!
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
- Shaders and rendering techniques
- Motion, animation, physics and kinetics
- Console or mobile hardware
- Multiple language paradigms
- User interface and user experience design and implementation
- Build and deployment process
- Content tool creation and maintenance
- Lead a team using Unity 3D
If this excites you and you can tick most of these boxes, please send in your CV to email@example.com. No agencies please. Really, honestly. No. Agencies. Please.