Part of the Server team reporting to our Server Lead, we’re looking for a genius developer to join our team of hot-shot devs. You’ll have worked on large scale, high traffic APIs or web applications. We’d want to see that you’ve rolled up your sleeves and got under the hood of entire systems on a daily basis and that you really know your stuff. Working on new features and improving our existing systems you’ll need to be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Tell me more...
The successful Neon Player will shape and develop important server-side functionality including a persistant game world system, user account management, individual game databases, high score tables, in-game messaging/gifting, metrics etc.
Please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to any public repositories you have worked on / created (GIT, Bitbucket etc)
Where will you work?
Here's our lovely studio, slap bang in the middle of Cirencester. It's very nice indeed. Have a look inside.
Neon Play is creating a stunning console-quality mobile/tablet game, but we need someone to help with all the genius invisible stuff behind the scenes. It's a hugely important role.
Have a peep below at what will be involved...
• Detailed understanding of JSON
• Experience building RESTful APIs
• Experience of Google Cloud or similar autoscaling Python environments
• Troubleshoot issues in a fast-paced live environment
• Unit testing, continous deployment and version control (GIT)
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment on the command line
• Ability to work with and integrate system from external teams and APIs
• Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
• Experience building large comprehensive and scalable systems
• Understanding of core network services and OS level services
• Experience working with high traffic, high load environments
• Experience of a DevOPs environment
We like playing a bit of ping pong, pool, darts and table footy.
More pool action?
Last summer, we got invited for a pool party at the neighbours - fancy a dip in the pool?
• Ability to design extensible systems
• Analytical thinking
• Ability to organize time effectively oversee multiple concurrent tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Appreciation of code performance and scaling services
We will pay on talent and experience. You get your birthday off. We buy the beers on Friday. Have a look at our 10 reasons to work at Neon Play.
The job is based in the middle of the beautiful market town of Cirencester, bang in the middle of the Cotswolds. We have the most incredible studio in Gloucestershire (possibly the world!) and you’re literally seconds away from an array of local shops, pubs, delis, coffee shops, banks and restaurants, so take your pick at lunch.
Send us your CV!
If this excites you and you can tick most of these boxes, please send in your CV to email@example.com. And don’t forget to include links to your public repositories if you have them (GitHub, Bitbucket etc). No agencies please.